Friday, March 1, 2013

Amazing Quotes

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Written by Markus Zusak, The Book Thief takes place in Nazi Germany in 1939. The story narrated by Death and is centered on the life of a young girl named Liesel who begins an obsession of stealing books. I came across this book when a friend of mine recommended it to me. At first I struggled a little bit with the writing style, but once I got over that I seriously could not put the book down.

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

Amazing Quotes
Amazing Quotes

I love historical fiction, especially when its about the Holocaust. It was such an ugly time in the history of the world, but there is so much for us to learn from it. It is also important to recognize those who fought for good, even when it was so hard to do. In this book you will find people like this. It is told about Germans, living in Germany, that were against the war and the evil that was going on.

"Death" is the narrator of the book, which is very interesting. The book is definitely unique and tells such a powerful story. I do not want to give away a lot of details about this one because I want you all to read it! It's not one of those happily-ever-after-life-is-all-roses-and-rainbows kind of books. You might want a box of tissues nearby while you are reading. But it is beautifully written and an incredible story to be told. I would recommend this one for book clubs and anyone else that enjoys reading. I think it is very interesting that it is classified as a young adult book. I wouldn't have anyone younger than high school age read it.

Here are a few quotes from Death:

"A note from Death: I am haunted by Humans."

"He was the crazy one who had painted himself black and defeated the world. She was the book thief without the words."

"Here's a small fact, you're going to die."

"You want to know what I truly look like? I'll help you out. Find yourself a mirror while I continue."

No comments:

Post a Comment